Monday, December 27, 2010

.35 and counting.

Here we are folks...(drum roll please) 35 weeks and counting. Holy CRAP where did the time go? It's slightly mind-blowing to think that in something like 5 weeks, life as I know it, will have turned upside down and inside out. To not say that I'm nervous would be a lie, but I'm far more excited to see what this little bugger is going to look and be like. At 35 weeks, I had made one request for Christmas...although I'm great with child, I refused to play the role of Mary in the Sullivan Nativity, luckily the role was more adequately filled by Emory.
Also at 35 weeks:


Reaching into my kitchen cupboards is hilarious. As long as the item is at the edge I can grab it, but if it is buried in the dark recessed corners, Roy is called into manage the situation.

Changing laundry is a challange. It's always those single socks that get sucked into the back of the washer where a short prego lady can't quite get to. Luckily I keep a water bottle handy for just such instances.
Sleeping is not so much a problem as the getting out of bed in the morning. Ouch on those hips of mine and that dang sciatic nerve shooting pains down my right leg.

I'm proud to report that I can still put on my own shoes and shave my own legs with only minimal additional time and maneuvering.

We are stoked to have this part of the journey coming to an end...as Roy was commenting the other day, "it feels like you've been pregnant forever". You're telling me! Mostly, he just says there is all this anticipation and then you just....*WAIT*. But wait we will until this little dude is done cooking, since he's been doing such a fine job at that.

2 comments:

judi said...

I noticed a slight curve in your striped shirt! :)
Good luck, the next five weeks are the toughest!

Beth said...

Can you say Sway-ed back...holy crap, me and my sister and have that in our genes.