Tuesday, January 4, 2011

.a recap of some sorts.

It wasn't really that long ago since I last posted, but it feels like so much has happened since my previous post. I guess we will just commence with the recap vomit as it were and hope that it all comes out making sense in the end.
First up Christmas:
Christmas Eve, Roy and I spent the day cruising around town, buying a few things including toe socks and a totally awesome diaper/everything bag made possible by Bishop AJ and his generous holiday gift to Roy. It was a perfectly lazy day where we just got to do whatever we felt like doing. Of course later that night we did my whole family nativity stuff that just seems to get better through the years.



Bundled up for the nativity

"Harking" the angles in the tree house with star for affect

The Shepard's in "wondering awe"

While one of the wise men tried to light his candle with the spotlight...Love that Tom boy!
Christmas morning brought the sheer joy that only a 5 year old and his glow worm can appreciate!

Lucas was beyond thrilled with this glow worm his granny bachand had gotten him!
But I have to say the highlight of the morning was the gift my parents received from my sister Kay and her family. A zip line! yeah Sean and Roy were on that like blue bonnet. I know it's not like zip lining through the amazon or anything, but for the Sullivan's backyard it's just about perfect.


Yeah, that's my mom taking a turn!

Christmas was grand, especially because Roy got me my Rocket Dogs...all is right with the world again. I guess I'm going to have to throw out my old pair finally.

New years Eve, Roy went to pick his brother up at the airport. Poor kid flew in from Fl. and got off the plane to a high of 18. Probably hit him like the Fl. humidity hits me...like a brick wall. He goes into the MTC on the 5th and is serving just north of here in the Salt Lake City Mission. Yeah, what are the chances of one brother serving in the SLC, South mission, and another in the North. Coincidence??? I think not.

While Roy was picking up, I was hanging out with Colette and Carla doing this...

We painted some muggies, and bowls. We shall see what the fired product looks like...the before left a little to be desired on my little mug.

Anyways, it's always a good day when you can hang with these girls!

Finally, the big culminating event of 2010 was the purchase of this beast.

On Monday, the Landcruiser was finally sold in a miracle of sorts. Roy has had it on KSL for nearly 5 months and had lots of calls, but no takers. The week before he almost sold it for $1600 even though he wanted $2000 for it. Monday came with another interested buyer and this guy just showed up and said, "what do you want for it." And the deal was made right then and there. Apparently, old Landcruisers are very useful to the military. So Cookoo Catchoo, we had to finally bite down and buy what we had been needing for some time...a versatile truck for business and family. It only took Roy 2 days and 3 ulcers to finally commit to buying something. Of course now that he gets to drive this sucker around he LOVES it, and wouldn't go back to the no heat, no AC, and choke starter.

New years came and went without so much as a nod from the Hoffman's. We were all in bed and asleep around 9, but that's kinda of how we like it now days.

That should bring us up to date for now. We are off to the temple to get in one last session before the little dude decides to make his debut!

3 comments:

garrett said...

excellent recap. and i'm quite interested in seeing that beast in person.

Beth said...

We will definately come and take the wards for a ride in the beast!

Colette said...

1. I am still very happy I got to see you.
2. Next time I am in town I think we should meet up at the start of that zipline.
3. I got to see the pottery in final form before I left - and I must say that I think yours turned out the best.
Love you and miss you!