Thursday, December 23, 2010

.travel times.

A Travel Story:
Good times and bad times...they all seem to happen when your traveling, but it seems that most often things can't go off without a hitch. Luckily those stories, after the years have ebbed away the frustration, can be some of the best ones.


Some of the frustrating moments:


Not realizing I needed a Visa to get into Russia, and having to make a delayed stop in New York where my uncle came to my rescue and helped me get a same day Visa. Consequently, I flew all by myself into St. Petersburg hoping that I could remember my three phrases of Russian.
Having a 14 hr. layover in New York and having no place to sleep except for the ground.

Missing your flight in Dublin after your 14 hr. layover causing another 5 hr. layover.
Getting your finger slammed in the trunk of a car not 20 minutes after you landed.



Some of the good moments:

Seeing real Rembrandt's in the Hermitage
Para sailing

Wearing a shapka while eating Shaverma (sp?)
Dancing without a care...nor a drop of alcohol in a Scottish pub
Dipping in Loch Ness

No comments: