Friday, August 13, 2010

.under the table and dreaming.

Can I just say how much I enjoy walking out into the coolness of the mornings instead of the thick heat. Ahhh I can feel it...summer is winding down, taking it's last deep breaths before autumn. It's like we are on the verge of something great...and we are just getting a little hint of what it is. That's how I'm feeling about a lot of things right now...like I'm on the verge of something great, but I'm stuck in a big transitional period of life. Everything is slowly changing, but we are not quite to that point where everything has changed...it's a strange, exciting limbo. Some of this change is also a bit daunting. I keep looking at our extra room thinking of how to take it from our all purpose room to a baby's domain, and to be honest I just want to throw it all out and start from scratch. I'm looking at our finances and feeling slightly overwhelmed with the concept of living off of one income. But at the same time I keep dreaming about what "the kid" will look like, and what fun we will have getting to know this new little person, and that always takes the edge off of the fear. So in the mean time I'm eagerly look up the progress of the kid weekly (I'm glad to report I'm growing something the size of an avocado this week), and try to get out and walk as much as possible, because lets be honest...I'm short, and when there's already very little room in your torso, you know even an avocado will start displacing things. So there it is...life and all its beautiful transitions!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

i can't wait to meet this avocado kid. i'm so excited for you guys. i love having someone to talk to and share these experiences with.

i also love the title of the post.

you're going to be a great mom. these unknowns - you'll handle just fine. i love the curiosity of it all.

summer can't come to an end fast enough for me!!!

sarah h. said...

Beth, I am so happy for you. You two are going to be fantastic parents.

ANG said...

I hear you about cool mornings. Ahhh.