Tuesday, August 24, 2010

.perhaps not.

I work with this kid who is just starting out in life as it were...you know, 21 years old, just starting school,...not that that should matter, because we have either all been there, or will be there. But I just had to laugh a little today when his 19 year old girlfriend came in with a picnic lunch for the two of them (they are currently consuming the goods upstairs in the file office). Yes, I realize I'm probably a cynic for thinking this, but my whole view on romance is very personal. I don't get the Billboard announcements of love and devotion, or the public displays of affection. To me if you have to dress it up and flaunt it, it takes something away from it. For me that part of my life is between me and Roy...right down to our conversations, and quiet looks. I guess its a good thing everybody is different and that we all have different needs, because the office picnic, is just not for me.

1 comment:

Amy and Micheal said...

Ah, my dear Beth, I KNEW there was a reason we got along right from the start! That, and our love for slurred Spanish!