Friday, August 20, 2010

.on the docket.

Another Friday has rolled around, and what a week its been. We have productively been chipping away at our spare room, cleaning and de-cluttering, and as always it feels so good! What was once a room where everything was dumped and stored, has suddenly become a blank canvas where we will create whatever we want for baby. Roy spent all night Monday cleaning, and I'm so grateful for all his hard work, and it makes my job a lot easier. I spent most of last night cleaning out my closet packing up clothes that won't be needed until after this little nugget makes his debut. And now there is loads of space for Roy to move his stuff into (we have been using both closets)! The next thing to be attacked this weekend is the storage room to fine-tune our organization, and make room for even more crap. Also accomplished this week:

- saving-We've been really good at staying on our tight budget this month, and it has paid off with a growing savings
-walking-I take advantage of the cooler evenings and get some miles in with Cakes...always feel it in the morning...dang hips.
-reading-I took a small hiatus from reading. This past week I finally gave in a read the Hunger Games. I'm happy to report that I really enjoyed it, and I'm looking forward to reading the 2nd book.
-growing- The kid has grown from an avocado to a full turnip, and is slowly making my regular clothing more constricting (hence all the packing of the closet).
-birthday lists- With Roy's birthday right around the corner, I've been busy listing, and getting ideas from the MR. himself.

Consider the week accomplished!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

oh how i wish i was up for walking. sad and scary to admit that even i miss that a little. good for you on the savings & the cleaning/organizing. it is fun to put together that baby room!!!

Doug and Ilean said...

Isn't it exciting to plan for baby. the anticipation is a lot of the fun. enjoy. Love, Mom

Evans Family said...

Way to go!! I am also in the planning stages for Michael's bday...not getting anywhere at the moment though...