Friday, August 27, 2010

.mornings.

I woke to Roy cracking open the window this morning. He knows how much I love the smell and sound of rain. Sadly, it was just the sprinklers working through their cycle. We kept the window open anyways and listened to the rain birds instead, and it was almost as nice. It was one of those nearly perfect mornings for me. The ones where I just get to lay comfortably curled in the nook of Roy's shoulder and just be still. Eventually we start to stir and begin talking about family details, and plans. Those moments when it's just us (and of course the kid who has also started to stir by then) before the day has unraveled and we can just be, are priceless! It made me think of this:

4 comments:

ANG said...

I love it. HaPPY. Take care of little Hoffy today.

Amy and Micheal said...

That was one of my all-time favorite things, laying with Micheal in the morning and talking about things.... Oh, can eternity come soon enough? I think not! You guys are the bomb! Love it!

motherilean said...

How can I get a copy of this great saying. Mom

Evans Family said...

Hey just found your blog from the comment you made on mine. I have to agree that this is also one of my favorite things to do. Enjoy these moments as much as you can because they become more rare once the kids arrive.:)