Tuesday, August 30, 2011

.sometimes.

It's nearly noon, and I'm not dressed or ready for the day.  In my defense though, I did take on the bathrooms and the basement cleaning today.  I figured it would defeat the purpose of getting ready by scrubbing toilets and sinks, and crawling around mopping floors.  Strangely enough though, I still feel a bit lazy for not having myself put together before noon.

When did my body get old?  It seems like I feel it almost everyday.  Things take longer to heal and my joints ache (not just muscles) after work outs.  I have to be very diligent about stretching...which I never have.  This week something went no bueno in my neck and now I'm moving my whole body to turn my head.  I told Roy, "It's been 3 days, why doesn't it feel better?" to which he replied that it just takes time for your body to heal.  I miss you young body, come back!

I'm lazy when it comes to laundry.  Sure I separate colors and whites, and do some spot treating, but for the most part I just throw and go.  When will I ever learn my lesson???  Yesterday I threw my darks in for a cycle.  Come to find out, Roy had left a pen in his pocket and black ink was everywhere.  I nearly cried, but decided I'll run it through one more cycle and see what happens.  It did the trick and I though I had dodged a bullet.  I put those darks into dry and went on with my day.  To my dismay, as I was folding that load I discovered yet another pen, that I had missed on my first round...a lovely blue fountain pen that had distributed it's ink on several items.  For the most part the items where inside out or old work out cloths so I wasn't to upset, but there were a few items that I'm trying desperately to restore to pre-pen encounter.  I'm determined to be more diligent about my laundry checks from now on.

No comments: