Saturday, August 27, 2011

.a nothing post.

It's Saturday morning, and it's quiet. Finn is still sleeping off his late night, so I have some time to throw out all my random thoughts.
-I love that summer is slowly winding down...you wouldn't know it with the heat wave we've been having, but the days are growing shorter and I feel autumn creeping onto the horizon.
-My house feels like a wreck lately. I don't know why, but it feels like I can't keep up with all things that need to be cleaned the way I want them to be cleaned.
-The mountains are calling me. I want to build a fire and roast something.
-I love that Finn is feeding himself those little puffs. He would just open his mouth and let me feed him, but I know that if a put a few on his tray that he will grab, and work very hard to try and get it into his mouth so that he can enjoy those few moments before the puff morsel dissolves.
-Speaking of eating, I bought this little gadget

so that the little nugget can suck on all sorts of yummy fruits and veggies without worrying about him choking.  Might I add that he LOVES it!
-I want a new blender. With all the smoothies I've been making lately, its a pain to clean and disassemble the one i have. I want a small single size one that doesn't take a lot to clean.

-Finn is starting to smell like a big kid in many ways. Gone are the sweet smelling baby breath days, and of course his diapers are more rancid too. But the breath, I wasn't expecting the breath to stink so soon. I finally broke down and bought the gum and tooth cleaner for infants, and surprisingly it helps.
-Roy has been running at the track with me a few days a week. It's been hard! He has shown me a few speed workouts to mix up the routine, and I love that my whole body feels it the next day, not just the ol leggies. Last night we went as the storm clouds came in. Thank goodness for that cool off, I only wished it would have rained on us.
-Spiders are taking over my house, well at least the outside. I feel like I sweep away cobwebs on a daily basis and not two days later there are new ones. It might be a losing battle.
-I have tons of tomatoes that I need to find something to do with. Since Roy pretty much despises this lovely fruit my options are limited. I think I will just have to can pasta sauce.
Finn is rousing so I'll leave the randomness for now.

2 comments:

Colette said...

Finn is so adorable! And now I want a fruit smoothie . . .

Kay said...

Nice to see all the things that run through your mind are similar to my own. Don't worry about being on schedule with everything you want to do. Pick your battles and let the rest progress at it's own pace.