Thursday, September 8, 2011

.our labors, a birthday, and a pound.

We've had ourselves some busy days around here lately.  What would labor day be without a bit of laboring on a few family projects.  My mom and dad decided to utilize the brothers and brothers-n-law to do some serious demolition in the my parents back yard. The deck that we built when we moved into the house and the retaining wall had to go. 

While the men-folk were in the yard, I was laboring on a birthday gift for Roy...really my sister Holly labored while I watched and learned. Although Roy needs another shirt like he needs a hole in the head I couldn't help myself.

Don't worry if you don't get it...I only know because I married myself a runner. Fartlek is a running workout that just so happens to sound like a slightly offensive term.  I may have enjoyed it more then Roy...just saying.  After the required tasks were done, we feasted on burgers, fresh corn from the garden, and bite sized pieces of watermelon.
This is what happens when you leave Kay to cut watermelon
Tuesday, Roy's 28th birthday rolled along.  I was simply in a rubbish mood all day...very melancholy, and subdued.  I tried really hard to get excited, and I nearly did when I purchased Roy's gift and something extra for super cheap because there was a sale, but even my giant birthday cookie couldn't break my mood.  Finally, after weeblos, and the condo board meeting Roy told me to go to our stake women's volleyball night.  I almost didn't want to go because I was late, and lets face it feeling sorry for myself, but wouldn't you know it was just what I needed.  When I arrived home Roy said, "you had a good time didn't you."  Yes Roy, you were right, I had a good time, and got myself out of my funk.  What a crappy day for Roy...getting old and having to put up with your wife's sub-optimal attitude.  Lucky for me I married a guy who could care less about birthdays, and even felt like I set the bar high for him. 
Now after all the busy-ness of the week here we are at Thursday.  Today was Finn's big weigh in since his last appointment he didn't gain a single ounce.  The Dr. and I were very pleased to see a gain of a pound for our little Mr putting him at a whopping 14lb 3oz at 7 months. 


We don't mind that he's off the chart as long as he is growing.  Way to gain a whole pound Mr. Finn! Other then his little weight issue, he is doing just amazing, and getting bigger in so many other ways.
With such a busy week, I'm looking forward to another weekend already!

No comments: