Thursday, August 18, 2011

.seattle, day 1.

The Northwest is a beautiful place that I've always loved.  The weather is darn near perfect for my liking, I completely love the rainy overcast days that so many do not, and the combination of tree and ocean is just lovely.  I would miss my mountains and snow, but could be very happy there I think.
Awhile ago we had some friends move up there who were always telling us to come visit, so I finally took them up on their offer.  Roy could care less to travel so I undertook the whole process of planning and getting everything underway, but I'm so glad I did....it was a fun family trip.  Though, I have to say, traveling with children really does add a level of stress to the whole thing.  Finn did amazingly well for being completely off schedule and being strapped into his stroller for great portions of the day.


We arrived early Thursday morning, and ran to the store to pick up a few things for the week.  Jon and Chelsie live nearly on the beach in Alki, and have an amazing view of the sound and of Seattle.  So that night we decided to just chill at the beach and eat dinner with a bon fire.  Their son Charlie who is nearly three is a crazy social kid.  He was all over the place talking to complete strangers and dancing up a storm with the band that was playing on the beach.  Finn had no desire to get close to the water...it seems that the waves were a bit too noisy for his liking, but he kicked it in the sand and tried really hard to figure out what it was that he was sitting in.
Roy enjoyed the beach more than the water too.  Apparently sea kelp weirds him out, and of course it's everywhere...not to mention the water is ice cold.  What did he expect...Florida?
It was a great evening though just catching up and enjoying the atmosphere of Alki beach.

2 comments:

Kay said...

Derek doesn't enjoy the west coast either, but I'm with you. I don't mind the temperate weather, and I'm not much of a swimmer, but it really is beautiful. I like this kind of ocean going more than Florida. There, I said it :)

Colette said...

It looks beautiful! I love Seattle too, but I think you should venture to the East Coast sometime soon!