Friday, October 1, 2010

.falling forward.

Hello October! I know I say this all the time, but time seriously flys. September felt like a blip on the clock...one day we are celebrating Roy's birthday, and the next thing you know General Conference is here. The crazy warm weather hasn't been helping either. I have a sinking feeling we might wake up suddenly in a few weeks to the frosted chills of winter, instead of those wonderful crisp autumnal days that I love so much. I don't want to be cheated out of my favorite time of year...that would make me very sad :(

As I wait for fall to show it's face, I have been keeping myself busy by:
-burning dinner. We got home from work last night and smelled the wonderful aroma's of dinner as we entered the basement door. Sadly, as we made our way upstairs, those wonderful aroma's were tinged with the all to familiar odor of burned, blacked food. All my efforts to be prepared for our busy night ahead were thwarted! So instead of crock pot chicken, I made eggs for Roy, and I had grapefruit and zucchini. Don't judge me...bellies were full and happy and that is all that mattered.
-reading. I have been reading like a crazy woman! In a moment of panic, I placed holds at the library for about a dozen different prenatal books. Along with all those I'm finishing up the BoM by the end of Oct. I hope I don't burn myself out.
-being emotional. I think those emotional hormones are kicking in now. I've been fairly even keel up until the last few weeks. I'm noticing more and more the times I'm holding back tears. Music is my biggest weakness! I'll just be driving and suddenly I'm compelled to cry to songs that any normal person would be dancing to. I have a feeling conference is going to be one big cry fest.
-guitars. Last night my VT partner requested I teach her how to play the guitar...first lesson next Thursday. Maybe it's time I picked up the ol' Ibanez, and built up my calluses again.
-baby room. Finally with all the races over for the season we can focus on getting some things done around our house. Last night Roy completely gutted the extra room in preparation for some good quality painting. It will be the perfect weekend for this kind of project!!

So yeah we are busy...busy with day to day things, busy with trying to figure out how to make our future happen, busy with trying to be better everyday, and busy waiting and growing. But hopefully all this work is taking us somewhere!

No comments: