Monday, October 4, 2010

....and we are done...sort of...not really.

Ha, if only! I woke up this morning feeling completely wasted. Not in the bad hung-over drunk kind of way, but more in the way that this was a crazy productive and busy weekend that left my body craving more sleep then usual. Although I imagine that at this stage most pregnant woman start feeling more and more like their body isn't getting all that good of sleep anyways. So yes, this morning I'm dragging and feeling oh so tired, but very happy. The little man's room is now painted a beautiful clean white. I know that sounds ridiculously boring and unoriginal, but trust me on this one...white was the way to go. With the painting finished we can actually start putting stuff in there instead of taking it out, and with all that furniture in there it's starting to look like we might be able to actually pull this whole thing off. Taking away our extra room we were forced to pack up about a million books that just had no place to go, and even de-junked a bit more. To me, becoming more organized is such a stress reliever...it seriously feels so good despite all the hard work.

You know what else feels good? Listening to Conference! I feel spiritually fed and enlightened, and that means more to me then having a new shiny white room, or having things organized!

Oh and one more thing...I learned how to crochet! I totally did it, I'm not good at it yet, but I have a start. So maybe I'll start with a washcloth, and move on to something more tricky like a beanie for the little man.

2 comments:

Doug and Ilean said...

way to go Beth on the painting and crocheting. Satisfying huh? Love Mom

garrett said...

We had to do the same, and it is nice to de-junk and get more organized! Can't wait to see pictures of your little guy's room!