Friday, October 8, 2010

.168 days.

6 months baby! I'm starting to look and feel like a weeble wobble.
Sometimes I take for granted that this pregnancy has gone so smoothly. There are hours at a time that I forget that I got a little man hanging out inside me, that is until he gives me a few jabs. I really enjoy when he's rolling around doing his thing, but I have belly button issues. My friend G-Ward will understand this: I don't like being poked in the belly button...not a fan, and when the little dude is kicking away sometimes he gets right behind the belly and ugghhhh that feeling is so weird! Strange huh? This leads me to yesterday. I had a dream that I went into labor early and our little man didn't make it. I was distraught when I woke up, and just laid there thinking how grateful I was that it was just a dream, but waiting desperately to feel him start his morning squirms. I can't tell you the relief I felt when he started moving! I told him right then and there that he could kick my belly button as much and as hard as he wanted to and that I was completely ok with it...just keep moving little man, just keep moving! A good reminder for me not to take the miracle of life for granted.


The weather has been dreary and cold, and I love it! Most people hate the idea of winter coming on and the long months of being cooped up inside, but I look forward to it. I associate so many good things with Fall and Winter, the smells, the colors, the feelings, and the memories. I've been craving a good outing up in the mountains to take in some of the beautiful fall color so I'm stoked to go for an Autumn constitutional tomorrow. I'm also looking forward to getting some baby registration done tonight...maybe Roy will let me hold the scanning gun for a bit (I have simple needs!).

No comments: