Friday, October 15, 2010

.what will be.

Wouldn't you know that after all the painting and planning in the little dude's room I've changed my mind again. The "pee" yellow paint is gone and the white walls make everything brighter in that little basement room, but every time I walk in it feels almost sterile white...no warmth at all. Unfortunately, the idea to paint one accent wall is going to be a bit more difficult seeing as in my haste to get things done we already put up the vinyl decal (not an easy task). So yes, now I have made up my mind on what I want to do, but it might be too late unless I want to buy another decal...which I don't. I wish desperately that I had more creative bones in my body, and that I wasn't always in a hurry to think things through. Ha ha isn't it sad that this seems to be the most daunting thing on my plate right now...I'll answer that, yes it is sad and perhaps a bit pathetic. I think I like to avoid real pain in any sense, so I distract myself with the little details of insignificant things. But lets not go there (see what I mean).
Instead I'm looking forward to the weekend full of beautiful fall weather, a little rock climbing, some cleaning thrown in for affect, and maybe Roy will help me figure out what we can realistically do to fix that dang room.

1 comment:

Kay said...

i know you're not soliciting advice, but i'm giving it anyway. i just can't resist. pick a color you can work with in the long run. i hate painting, so i prefer neutral walls, with all the eye-popping pictures, accents, etc. you can handle. pictures are easy to change, paint isn't. maybe you can use the white, just make everything else colorful in the room.