Monday, October 25, 2010

.still mornings.

Waking up to the blackness of fall-ish Monday mornings can be rather depressing...especially when you realize your husband left to go to the gym without you. How else are you supposed to get in your much needed exercise on such busy days as Mondays? It took a little motivational pep talk, but I finally got my girthy body out of bed and bundled up for a cold morning walk. I won't lie, when I walked out to the sight of snow I was ever so tempted to run back to my warm bed, but I'm so happy I didn't. Snow turns everything magical, even when it's 5:30 in the morning. I walked under the big trees that line the path behind the ol' folks home and just listened to the snow muffled morning sounds. It was cold and wet, but oh so awesome to be alone in that stillness. I hope this little dude loves snow and winter as much as his momma!

We filled our weekend with all good things. I spent one of my vacation days on Friday just for the heck of it. I didn't sleep in, I didn't veg, but you should see my to do list...all those crossed of jobs made it a heck of a day! Saturday, was the big Sullivan Halloween party, I'll elaborate more, but, know that we only do two things big in our family...St. Patty's day and Halloween, I love it!!

Also on my mind...
Jill and I have been talking about a boy in her primary class who she is convinced is possessed. Jill, is one of the most patient people I know when it comes to kids so you know it's bad if she feels this way about this boy. It's got me thinking about what kinda of kids Roy and I will have. Are we going to have the boy that everybody runs and hides from, will he be the nosy, rambunctious, but lovable type...really I don't know. But it made me wonder what I'm going to do to raise my children to be the most responsible, kind, happy, & unique people they can be all while taking into account they are all going to be different, and need different things from me and Roy.
Just some thoughts..

1 comment:

ANG said...

Your kids will be awesome...and make you feel almost hopeless sometimes too. THe important thing is NOT to compare them (or yourselves) to others. They are coming to you for a reason. So the less you wonder if there's something wrong with them or you when things aren't going well, the better.
Also, be careful about going out walking alone in the dark please. I know you have ninja moves, but that worries me.
Thanks for all your help with the Halloween party. It was epic. Love you.