Tuesday, September 28, 2010

.too much whining.

I'm sad to say that I have been whining far too often lately, and that is rather unfortunate because I'm really so very blessed. We were talking in young women's on Sunday how easily we forget the Lord in our lives. It seems that only in our darkest times are we compelled to remember where our strength comes from. Why is that? Why can't we continually draw on the powers of Heaven without being compelled to?
I was having another episode yesterday feeling self-conscious and uncomfortable because of something someone had said earlier. Roy looked at me, and in no uncertain terms said, "why are you letting it bother? Get over it and move on.". What that kid lacks in sensitivity, he makes up for in direct common sense. I can't linger in my self pity too long with him, and that is oh so great! I wanted to be hurt and offended by what this person had said, but the longer I thought about it, the more I realized it was one big waste of time.
Roy and I spent some quiet time this morning reading our patriarchal blessings (he eating his fruit loops, while I read). And once again, I had a spiritual confirmation of my role in life. I read the word confidence over and over again in the paragraphs feeling each time the impact of that word. Confidence in who I am and who I can become because of God! If we truly understood, and remembered that, there would never be any reason to whine or feel burdened by the trials in this life.

2 comments:

Hayley said...

it is true, you need to be able to move on - cause the people that say dumb things, they don't mean to be mean, you're just sensitive now, and it only affects you, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt sometimes.

you're not whining too much. i think it is an important time to feel confidence, but probably one of the most challenging... so you're doing well.

Kay said...

i remember how un-confident i felt all during pregnancy. i think so much is hormonal though. i wouldn't take it too seriously, after all you can only do the best you can with what you have at the time. it will be in the past soon enough. love you beth:)