Monday, March 26, 2012

.when time in the kitchen isn't well spent.

I'm not a chef by any means, but I do manage to make healthy and relatively tasty meals for my family.  Every once in awhile I'll even try something new and daring.  Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.  Tonight I attempted to make fish and chips.  I've been craving good authentic fish and chips for awhile now, and figured frying fish was as good as any method to get Roy to eat fish.  Alas, it was a devastating mess, and dinner ended up being wrapped up and thrown out into the dark confines off the outside trashcan.  So instead of Fish and Chips...

aahh Little Caesars comes to our rescue again.  In some ways it was a good thing dinner didn't turn out well, because it saved me from the high calories of fried fish.  Yes while the boys are downing the wonder of cheap pizza, I'm chugging down my healthy smoothie.  Now I have to find a place that makes really good authentic fish and chips because I won't be frying fish again.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one who creates epic kitchen failures!!

Colette said...

I know a good place in Scotland . . .

Beth said...

I know Colette...wish we could just take a quick trip and grab us some yummy food there, but alas I'm in Ut where it's hard to find authentic British Isle cuisine. Maybe one day we will go back. And Kim, I wish I had half of your cooking talent. I just manage to get by.