Monday, April 2, 2012

.what weekends are for.

I tend to pack my weekends full of cleaning and other household projects that never seem to get done during the week.  This weekend was going to be no exception...especially since it was conference weekend.  Growing up, conference weekends were spent together as a family working while conference played over the radio.  I quite enjoy that actually, and I had planned for a painting weekend to conquer another wall in the house.  But as Saturday approached, the less inclined I felt to work on my house.  So instead of painting, we played.
On Friday after work, Roy and I rolled Finn down to the park to play.
We practiced our deep squats

Wandered in the grass to our hearts content

Gazed at the clouds

and just plain had a fun time outside
Saturday, despite what I knew inevitably awaited us downtown, we waged through the crowds down at City Creek.  I found a new skirt, but felt completely overwhelmed in the process.  I now know why I prefer to shop online.  We captured a glance at some of the jewelry at Tiffany & Co.  And ended the afternoon with a Carmel apple in the raging winds.
At home after all the craziness of downtown, we were exhausted!  I'm left to assume that just the pure over stimulation and the crowds were to blame.  So after priesthood it was some Chinese, and early bed.
After two days of beautiful weather I knew Sunday was going to be wintry again, but I insisted we get out early for a quick walk.  Quick indeed it was because the weather turned sour and forced us to turn around.
Roy had Finn hunkered down in his coat as the rain came down
The rest of Sunday was spent cozily inside listening to general conference and being with family.  Finn finished the evening off with a REAL haircut...not just a trim.  Sadly he looks even older.
Now that the weekend has rolled into the new week I'm starting all my projects that I should have conquered over the weekend...including something with this.  I hope it turns out!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Ooh..what are you going to make? I can't wait to see!

Enjoyed your post on shopping. I just can't seem to commit to anything online that isn't for the kids. I debate with myself that it's not going to look the same or fit right. But I know how it feels to struggle in a store when you're on a schedule. Oh well. I, for one, was never born to shop.