Monday, March 12, 2012

.laps, new things, & old places.

Life has seemed to have slown down just a bit, which has been nice for a change.  I think with spring in the air, I've been more motivated to start and do new things..usually that's the sort of thing one does in January right?  Anyways, today I started a 2 week triathlon.  This is for people like me who have no desire to EVER do an Irionman, but feel motivated enough to do an ironman distance in 2 weeks.  Mostly, I'm just trying to plough my way through a platue that has plagued me at 139 for the last few weeks.  So today I got myself up and out the door at 5:30 and swam a half mile.  I use the term "swim" loosely here, because while their were about 10 people at the gym swimming this morning, I was not one of them.  I guess I must have managed some kinda of stroke as I made it back and forth in my lane, but I know I must have looked really pathetic.  After this morning, I determined that I want to learn how to freestyle.  I get the urge to learn something completely out of my comfort zone every 5 years or so.  The last one I had was when I wanted to learn how to drive a manual.  I bought a car with a stick having no clue how to drive one, and now I do.  So I guess my new uncomfortable goal is learning to actually swim without looking like an idiot.
Among the other new things around here is my church calling.  I was finally put into the primary for the CTR 4 class.  I have to admit I was nervous from hearing how people talk about primary, but I have to say I really enjoy my class...not at all what I was expecting.  Plus Finn just loves music time...which is a good way to distract him when he's so tired.
 I finished another small project this weekend too.  Remember that gold lamp a few posts ago?  Well here it is with a new coat of black .  So much better!
With the new lamp we decided to rearrange the living room.  It seemed like a small thing at the time, but it really has helped me be more positive and happy.  It took a few tries with the furniture layout, but I think we found something the feels right!
We finally decided to purchase a new entertainment center.  The old one was getting a bit unstable, and therefore no bueno for a toddler to be pulling on.  Thanks Ikea for making good furniture that's affordable.  Next up...painting that red wall.
With all these new changes we have still found time to play and enjoy the beautiful weather outside.
He was very interested in the fire hydrant

This is what Finn does all the time now...just waiting for some words to help understand his pointing

"The Hedgehog" formally known as the mole, is a new favorite around here

He can wrestle, and be wrestled in return

The hedgehog always gives Finn fantastic hair
As you can see we are enjoying ourselves around here.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Nice post Beth. I am not a great swimmer either. My best is the side-stroke. It's like laying in the water. I wish I was closer so I could join you, but I'm going to put that down on my bucket list of things to learn how to do well.

Love all your improvements. Finn still steals the show though. So cute! :)