Saturday, March 24, 2012

.done.

With three days to spare I completed my 2 week triathlon.
I did the WHOLE ironman, not the half as the crossed out distances show.  Those were initially for when I was pregnant.

Did it jump start any weight loss?  Sadly, no, but that might have something to do with my level of intensity.  It's hard to really push yourself when you have to weeks to finish.  However, I've discovered that I actually like swimming in the morning.  It's relaxing and is a great way to wake up.  Another thing I've discovered...I'm not a fan of biking.  Seriously, it was so tedious pedaling mile after mile.  I was so happy when I finished all 112 miles and got off the bike knowing that I wouldn't have to get back on.  So after my one and half weeks I've decided my body must be more strength oriented rather then cardio oriented.  Meaning I'm prone to weight loss with strength training, so thats what I'm going to focus more of my workouts toward.  I'm also really focusing on my food.   I'm not dieting, because I absolutely hate that word...it implies too much restriction.  In reality, healthy eating means just being aware of WHAT your eating.  I'm hoping I can start seeing so more weight loss around here.  I really want to be back to 120-125, but will be happy with 130...that means 10 more ell bees to go.
In other non-vain news around here-it's date night with my boy tonight...YAY!

No comments: