Monday, January 17, 2011

.mr Finn.

Finn P. Hoffman
6 lb 12oz
20in
Lots of hair, deep blue eyes, and a pair of lungs!


Its all still a bit of a whirlwind around here, but we have to get some of this out before the memory starts to fade.
Saturday morning we woke to no baby and nothing happening in the way of contractions so we headed to Roy's basketball game. At the game my mom called and expressed her concern that if I did go into labor I wouldn't make it to the hospital because we were already pretty much there. She made the suggestion that perhaps the Dr. could just break my water and hope that the labor started on it's own so we wouldn't have to use potocin. The more I thought about it the better this option sounded to me. When we got home we called our Doula and talked out the new plan and decided to call the hospital. My Dr. was all over the idea and told me to come on in.
We got there just after twelve and settled into our room. As you can see I was ready to get the show on the road. That is me smiling before the labor pains hit. They broke my water around 1:45 and by 2:00 contractions started to pick up quite a bit, and by 2:30 I was hating life!
Roy and my Doula, Krista, did so great coaching me through the labor. There is no way I could have prepared myself for a natural birth...it's unlike anything I've ever felt.
Finn made a fast appearance, and was born at 3:29. Here is the Hoffman brood right as he was born. You can tell I'm completely exhausted and as happy as I was Finn was here, I just couldn't get over the fact that it was all FINALLY over. (I know 2 hours is ridiculous, but it was intense). I do love this picture because of the look Roy and I are sharing between the two of us. I'm pooped and looking at Roy as if to say, "I'm done!", but Roy is just as giddy as can be! MAKES ME HAPPY! Daddy and son getting a little one on one time. Roy has taken to his role like a natural!
We have just been chilling at the hospital and seeing lots of visitors. We are heading home in a few hours,which is good, because I think Roy might be going just a little stir crazy in one room for two days. Mr. Finn is doing stellar! The only thing he seemed to be fighting is the whole nursing concept, but slowly we are getting things figured out. I happy that we got it going a little bit before we headed home. I don't think it's really quite sunk in that we get to take him home and he gets to be all ours. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for little Finn. He's healthy and we are happy to start our journey together as a family. Welcome to the world Finn!

11 comments:

ANG said...

We are SO SO HAPPY. We love Finn already. Yeah for Beth! Yeah for Roy! YEAH FOR FINN!!!

Deb and AJ said...

Congratulations! Glad to hear everything went so well. I know it was intense but that was fast. Glad you listened to your mom and went to the hospital. We're so happy for all THREE of you.

Kim said...

Congratulations--what an amazing woman you are! Natural childbirth is NOT fun, eh? So glad the little guy's here!

Amy and Micheal said...

YEA!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! He is absolutely adorable Beth! I love the picture of you and Roy together. And I love the name Finn! Can't wait to see the little guy! And you too, of course. :)

Krista Eger said...

And this post is the start of a whole new theme for your blog! You might as well just rename your blog title to "Finn" :D. And that's exactly how it should be! It's so amazing how kids will just take over and become your life. You'll find yourself talking about him to everyone! :D
Going natural is SUCH a big accomplishment! I'm so proud of you especially because you were on the fence about it. Now whenever you reach a tough patch in life you can say "If I can push a watermelon out of a lemon, I can do ANYTHING!"
You're amazing!

Colette said...

Welcome Finn! I am so proud of you and he a beautiful baby boy. I am excited to see him the next time I am in Utah!

Congratulations Beth and Roy.

Hayley said...

that first "family picture" - i love roy's enthusiasm & beth, you are an amazingly tough girl.

i'm so mad i'm sick right now, i'm dying to come love on finn.

congratulations, guys!!!

Courtney said...

CONGRATULATIONS Beth!!! Your pictures in this post are beautiful. You have such an adorable little boy and I am so happy for you!

Elena Lunt said...

Beth, we are so excited for you guys. He sure is a cute little guy - definitely NOT a 'must lie situation.' You did great.

Amanda said...

Congratulations to you both! Finn is just beautiful and I love the name.

judi said...

Beth and Roy - he is so beautiful! What a cute little boy - I could totally munch on him. I hope that all goes well with the next couple weeks because it's an adjustment! Call me if you need someone to talk too! Congrats you too. I can't wait to see you and the baby soon!