Friday, January 14, 2011

.its going down this week.

*38 week update*
Thursday night contractions started around 7:30 and were about 6 minutes apart... unfortunately, they stalled out around midnight. I called the hospital just to ask what they thought about the situation and I don't think the nurse believed me when I told her I was already a 5-6. She had a real hoity toity demeanor when I told her like she thought I was crazy. My doc said she probably didn't believe me because they get women saying all kinds of things when they call in. Oh well, I stopped so no harm no foul. Here is the issue though, I'm now dilated 6-7 cm and 80% effaced. What the what kid? The Dr. offered to induce and give me the chance to have an epidural, but I figured the Mr. and I have done this much so far, we might as well go the rest of the way. I know it's going to be intense, but I can't deny what my body has done on its own already. The hitch though, if he does hang out until Wed. we will schedule an induction. Not only because I'm pretty much ready to go any second, but because Roy is going to be out of town on the 21st, and it's just too much of a risk for me. I guess what it comes down to is by this time next week the Hoffman's will be three...CRAZY!

4 comments:

Krista Eger said...

I agree with everything you said :D I love how you want to do it naturally and I also don't blame you for wanting to be induced so your hubs can be there!

Hayley said...

HOLY COW!!! i'm so excited for you! i can't believe how far along you are & not in labor!!!

Deb and AJ said...

Start bouncing on the ball. Come get in the hot tub.

Kim said...

Can't wait for the little dude to get here. Hang in there!!