Monday, January 31, 2011

.and so it goes.

The revolving door of baby posts have begun. Mostly, I don't want to forget these precious first few weeks that all seem to pass in a daze of sleepless nights, nursing pains, countless diaper changes, and sweetness beyond believe. And for the life of me I can never remember to bring the diaper bag. Mr Finn sleeps through all of the emotional upheaval in pure ignorance. His biggest worry is making those explosive diapers!

Daddy Roy is completely enamored by his little man. We get to see Roy most days for lunch as he only works a few miles away. We love spending that hour together!

As for me I could sit and watch him all day...those newborn expressions are priceless, from the gassy grins to the sad pouty faces I love them all, and don't get me started on his noises. He has this high pitched squeal when his working himself up for a cry that I just adore, and of course the smacking lips.

The sleep issue is what we are currently learning to cope with. As with anything baby, don't get your expectations too high. We had a few blissful nights of two 4-hour long stretches where he slept in his pack-n-play. We had the rude awakening the past few nights where he won't sleep more than 10 minutes in the pack-n-play, and in an effort to get some sleep, we finally acquiesced to his request in put him in the bed with us. sleep is upon us again momentarily!

And finally in other news. we had ourselves a little outing Saturday and went and hung out with the Wards. Our favorite thing is taking pics of these two blokes together and laughing at the size discrepancy.

Here are the boys all swaddled up like pigs in a blanket having a grand ol' time!

So as you can see life has changed, but definitely for the better.

5 comments:

Krista Eger said...

hehe I love it! I want to come visit soon! :D
I personally LOVE sleeping with Audrey in our bed. It makes adjusting to a new baby SOOOOO much easier! I still have her sleep with us because it makes middle of the night feedings SO much easier! Just remember to wrap him up like a burrito so he will sleep longer :D. He'll be used to sleeping before you know it! Think of these midnight awakenings as more time to cherish him being so itty bitty because before you know it you'll be putting away his 0-3 month size clothes and maybe even shed a tear or two

Kim said...

All three of my kiddos spent the first couple of months in bed with us. They slept much better and I adjusted to them being outside of me better--I swear I went through separation anxiety with each one and had to have them close to me all the time! Those few weeks were definitely precious moments.

Hayley said...

so, i'm such a hypocrite, but it used to really bug me when people only blogged about their kids. now, i get it. i mean, at 4 months old, i'm trying to come out of the "only think about my baby" fog, but now that just means i think about him 90% of the time and something else with him in the back of my mind the other 10%. plus, finn is super adorable, so blog away. he's consuming you right now... enjoy.

glad you guys spent the day hanging out, it was a lot of fun!

Liz said...

Oh my goodness, that black and white picture of Finn on the side is so precious! What a handsome little guy. Seeing that and reading your post almost makes me baby hungry...almost:).

Doug and Ilean said...

can you believe that you 2 created something so adoreable. Just wonderful. Love Mom