Wednesday, January 12, 2011

.standing still.

It's getting ugly around here at 37 weeks. I have really been just content to let time tick off, but as of these past few days, I'm growing very tired of all the waiting. It's just like everyone has said...the last weeks are the longest and hardest.
At our 37 week appointment the dr. asked if I wanted to be checked...I figured why not, but wasn't expecting anything monumental. The Dr. looked at me and said, "your not going to believe this, but your already dilated to a 5/6 and he is very low". I'm sure I had some kind of flabbergasted look on my face, because I pretty much have had nothing in the way of contractions to constitute that much dilation. She pretty much said that he could come anytime and to not waste too much time at home counting contractions when they start. I walked out of that appointment slightly stunned and stressed, because I hadn't really planned on anything happening until closer to the end of the month. Needless to say Roy and I have been busting our butts to get everything ready to go (i.e.bags packed, pack and play set up, clothes and bedding washed & car seat installed) in anticipation for the little Mr to show. Of course now that everything is ready he won't show until after the 28th. I joked that he knows that it's cold out here and like his dad wants nothing to do with January in Ut. We are hoping he decides to show sooner then the 21st because Roy will be out of town that weekend and we would both be a lot less stressed knowing that he's here, but I guess we will see what the little guy decides to pull on us.
Here's hoping for more good news for my next appointment of Friday!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

Woohoo! Hope he comes soon so you don't have to wait much longer.

Krista Eger said...

You will go into labor Friday night. I know it because that would be the very most convenient time for me so that is when it will happen. Just wanted to let you know! :D

judi said...

good luck girl! That is awesome - you could totally go natural if you are that far and haven't felt anything. Rock on - here comes the little dude!