Tuesday, February 1, 2011

.packing it on.


Who would have thought with all our nursing woes at the beginning, that Finn would be a champion eater. Not only did he gain 2 oz. onto his birth weight of 6lb 12oz by his first week, but by his second week now weighs a whopping 7lb 7oz. Momma is more than ok with letting the kid pack on her baby weight. His appointment concluded with him hitting the 30th percentile in nearly every category, while the Dr. acknowledged the amount of "light" hair he had. After his appointment we headed to the local library to grab some books for mom to read while Finn sleeps his mornings away.

Lunch was spent with Roy debating who had "really" been raised on country music. Apparently, the true test of that is if you can sing a whole Garth Brooks song by memory. I laughed some more when Roy was put to the task of dusting the cobwebs from the high nooks that I can't reach, while saying "So this is what I come home for lunch for." Well Roy, yes...yes it is. I can't reach those places and goodness knows they needed a good dusting.

So now that the nooks have been dusted and baby has been fed, I'm off to put my nose in a book with my little Finn sleeping on me. LIFE is GOOD!

2 comments:

Kay said...

i'm sure he's going to be big time chunk. for some reason jack was extra chunky, but then he did nurse really well.

ANG said...

Ahhhh!!!! I could eat Finn up! And Kay reminded me - Jack was unprecidented cute/fat/lumpy. He looked like a fat toad with those giant eyes. Oh I miss all the cute babies.