Tuesday, April 13, 2010

.so it goes.

(My Nephew Tillman falling asleep in the strangest places)
Last night I was up at 2:15 wide awake...seriously! My mind was abuzz with all sorts of thoughts, and after laying there for 45 minutes waiting for sleep to fall over me, I made my way upstairs. You may not know this but one becomes very hungry if they are awake and about at 3 in the morning. I pushed the hunger pains to the back of my head and set to work trying to clear my thought process. I kept myself busy by finally loading the business turbo tax onto the computer (I've been postponing that for awhile because our new printer doesn't want to be friends with our computer...we will work on that later). I googled a recipe for Cinnamon oatmeal, found a new ab workout, read a church talk on spiritual gifts, and finally spent the remaining hour working on our website (yes these are the types of thoughts that were meandering through my brain). I finally hummed myself to sleep to the tune of a children's hymn near 5, and woke up at 7 feeling very much like I only got half a nights sleep. What a way to start a day, right?

4 comments:

Hayley said...

ugg. sleep is my worst nightmare right now. i need it, desperately - yet can never manage to get enough of it. and i am getting more and more worked up about it the more desperately i need it. a very vicious downward spiral!

ANG said...

I'm sorry. That's a bummer.

Colette said...

Oh babe - no fun. But I remember a time when life happened and kept your mind going so we stayed up all night - and oddly also got very hungry around 3, 4, 5 am!?!?

Doug and Ilean said...

I understand this phenomena very well. Reading scriptures seems to be the best antidote for me. Also a glass of milk. It's good to keep in mind--"this too will pass". Love ya, Mom