Friday, April 23, 2010

.hurdles.

This past week has been filled with all sorts of busyness. Some days i've felt a little like a chicken running around without its head, but I suppose life is just like that sometimes isn't it. Some good things have happened a midst all the doings of the week though...like completely de-junking our basement. Maybe it was getting hit by a car, or the landing on his head, but for whatever reason Roy was completely with me on this. We literally filled our entire garbage can and the back of the land-bruiser twice with junk to be dumped. With the literal tossing of the garbage, my mind was immediately eased. De-junking is a beautiful and much needed practice!

We finally got the whole insurance business taken care of as well, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a fan. Really though who would be a fan of talking for hours on the phone with someone whom you can barely understand through a thick accent, trying to tell them over and over again how the accident happened. NO. FUN. But now it's over and the check's in the mail to fix the bike so I'm moving on, hopefully never to return.
The last hurdle of the week...preparing for our first race on sat. We are hoping for no hitches, but really we can't control everything and we have to be ok with that. I guess that's what I need to take from this week...I can't control everything, and really when it comes down to it I control very little. And that is OK. We'll jump the hurdles we can and do the best we can with what life gives us.

3 comments:

Doug and Ilean said...

I just have amazing talented children. Sure fun to read your blogs Beth. I'm glad to hear what you've been up to this week. Love you, Mom

Deb and AJ said...

I think it was because Roy was at our house and saw all the STUFF we have....which we have now taken two loads to DI...he thought I don't want to end up like them.
We appreciated his help though. You need to come see it and play Rock Band Beatles...with us...I know he doesn't like Rock Band...he'll survive.

Kay said...

Hey rock band is not that bad. I thought it was weird until I tried it. Pretty fun :)