Thursday, April 1, 2010

.observations...the gym.

Avoiding a predictable rant on the snow that is now blanketing the ground on this, the first day of April, I would rather talk about some things noted after last nights visit to the ol' gym. The first thing that must be realized about going to the gym is that there are 2 types of people: the "Be seen's" and the "Watchers". With all my watching lately, I'll tell you what I think.
1-Avoid the 5 o'clock rush like the plague. Generally speaking, you will find masses of people who will not be sweating in their designer sweat gear, nor will they be messing up their perfectly disheveled hair.
2- I don't like the color orange...that is to say, I don't like orange people. I know people may say the same thing about my pastey-ness, but really...Orange?

3-Older (well endowed) women soaking it up in the hot tub, should not....SHOULD not wear LOW V-neck swim wear! There is nothing there that we want to see so please keep it to yourself. GROSS!

4-Men on the Rhoids...not attractive. They always seem to have beady little eyes that are scoping the room for a fight.

5-What's with the muscle shirts guys? (let me illustrate). Why do you even bother putting on a shirt?!
I could go on and on, but I'll spare you. Mostly, I just kept thinking what an odd place the gym is, and how much I'm looking forward to the warmer weather.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It is amazing the things you can see and hear at the gym. Speaking of the guys in muscle shirts, my favorite part is how they feel compelled to grunt and growl in order to show us how hard they are working. Dude, just keep quiet!

Colette said...

I agree 100% about the shirts. I have never understood the tank tops that are still only able to stay on the body by a thread. Sometimes I want to just break that thread so that they have to go get a new shirt. Also, sorry about the snow. It is currently 80 and sunny here. Although the sunshine is making me very happy the sweat while sitting at my desk at work is not.

Elena Lunt said...

Did you actually take this picture? Did people give you weird looks? I agree... Gyms are strange - by all means I try to avoid them. By 'orange' you didn't mean the color of clothes, right?