Thursday, April 8, 2010

.purging.

This is so how my life feels right now.
With the tiniest hint of spring in the air I'm ready for a deep exhale. That exhale includes de-junking my life. I have so many big projects that I want to get off my plate. That might help to explain why my mind has been so spacey lately...i can't seem to focus on one thing long enough. All the while I'm frustrated that we are already outgrowing our little house, and we still don't have any children to blame for that. Where did all this STUFF come from....I wonder? If it was left up to me I would pull a dump truck up to the house and just start loading up all the crap that we've accumulated. But it's not entirely up to me. I can't just do as I please and throw everything I deem useless out the window. I tried that once when we were first married, and I learned quickly that that's not how it works. I guess what I'm saying is I'm in serious need of an overhaul...the kind that gets my house organized and purged for the coming year. Because right now I need to feel like I have some control over my life and not have to worry about the clutter piling up in the corners.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

sometimes i throw away too much. whoops. one time i had to dig through my garbage to get my registration sticker. i hate when that happens.

Amy and Micheal said...

You and me both, chica. I can't wait to just start throwing stuff out the door that I was too lazy to deal with while winter was here... and was stuck INDOORS! What is my problem? Good luck with the purging. I'll be mentally cheering you on!

Kay said...

The rule is if you haven't used it for three years, you probably don't need it. Tell Roy you want him to go through your pile of throw-out stuff with that in mind. It's worked for me, and Derek is quite the pack rat. Also, I put together big storage tubs for each of us, and that's where I let Derek throw all his bits of memorabilia he wants to hang on to.