Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Missing Fall


I awoke to snow this morning. Not huge mounds of fluffy snow mind you, but enough to get me thinking about what's to come. I love snow and winter is definitely not at the bottom of the seasons for me, but today I found myself missing fall. Where did it go? I felt deprived of my autumnal experience this year. The weather was either seasonally warm or seasonally cold, nothing in between, and the leaves just weren't at the top of there game. I kept hoping that eventually fall would find it's way here, but with the view outside my window today, that hope is dwindling. Instead I find myself fighting the urge to listen to Christmas music (which I strongly oppose of before December 1st) and curl up next to the Christmas tree at night and take in that deep smell of pine (which I also strongly oppose of out of turn). I hate that Thanksgiving is overlooked and pushed aside and I hate that seeing the thin layer of white this morning started pushing this overlooked holiday out of my head. I guess in some small way I just wish I had gotten my fill of fall in preparation for Thanksgiving, but I guess just like mother nature I have other things on my mind.

No comments: