Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Back From the Trailer Park

The Hoffmans have returned from yet another venture to the Florida Trailer park. This needs no explanation if you all know Roy. We were able to stay with Roy's brother and meet his wife Donny from Brazil for the first time. We had a lot of fun with them. Roy got drive around his old stomping grounds again and show me the places of his childhood. Being back in Florida always brings up the most colorful stories of growing up Hoffman, and it was fun to see him reminisce about life in Bellvue. This time we actually got to rent bikes and ride the Santos bike trails. These trails are massive! They span the entire Width of Florida and you can easily get lost in them. It was on this bike ride I finally saw a Banana spider...Nasty big spiders...uggghh!
It was the first time in a long while that all the siblings have been together. Randy has a month leave before he is shipped off the South Korea and he is looking very trim. I had to take a double take when I saw him since his stint in the army. Grandpa is struggling with his health, but despite this him and grandma remain independent and that's good to see. Mom, Dad, Becky, and Ryan are still living life per usual. I can tell that there are things he misses...the space, back roads, and the heat especially, but ultimately I can tell that it's hard for him to go back. It seems to get more and more depressing every time he returns. He gets to talk to Robert about it a little, but I don't think anybody really understands what he feels when he comes home. I know he appreciates that back here people seem to do things...nothing in particular, just actually doing something. He despises that nobody, except for a few rare people, does anything there. Despite the sad reality it was a good trip. We got to do and see a lot of things and see some people that we don't get to see very often and I know that was good for both Roy and me.

No comments: