Saturday, November 15, 2008

One of the Coolest things




Last night Roy and I had the once in a lifetime opportunity to watch a space shuttle launch. Roy's brother Robert invited us to go along with him and his boss down to cape canaviral to see a night launch. I never thought I would be able to see such a thing, and lucky for us that we did because it apparently is the last one they will be doing in the United States. Ultimately, in a couple years, Nasa will be launching all shuttles from Russia. So I count myself very lucky to have been apart of this experience last night.

We got the chance to watch the launch from a boat on the ocean away from everybody and we got one of he closest shots of the whole thing. Even still we were about 10 miles from the launch site. We saw the light from the launch first and then we felt the heat. We were all sitting there wondering were the noise was and all of a sudden a loud rumble hit us and slowly got louder until it dissipated. In all it only last for about a minute and half, but was one of the coolest things I have got to see in my life. We were all happy that we got to see it, even if we were stuck in traffic for 3 hours and didn't get home till 2:30 in the morning.

2 comments:

garrett said...

Wow. That is awesome. I'm jealous!

Christy said...

I'm jealous too!