Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gratitude Attitude


A few years ago Colette and I made up a game to help get me through a difficult time. We would each take a turn and say something we were grateful for. We would take long walks and just go back in forth coming up with the most random things that we were thankful for. I remember vividly Colette being so appreciative of her toes that she named them Harry and Harry Conick Jr. The things we came up with weren't big things, but it really helped me get out of my slumpy mood and made our friendship even closer as we laughed about the crazy things we came up with. So in the spirit of our thankful game and in an attempt to sound unoriginal I thought I would list a few simple random things I'm grateful for during these coming days of Thanksgiving.


I'm grateful for the way leaves crunch on the ground under my feet.

I'm grateful for the sore ache of muscles after a good workout.

I love the way my body feels in the morning as I'm just waking up....complete relaxation!

I love the way the air smells on winter mornings.

I'm thankful for warm brownies and cold ice cream.

I'm grateful for old warn out slippers.

I'm love puffy coats and gnarly old scarves.

I'm grateful for Ibuprofen or any medicine for that matter.

I'm thankful for Far side comics and Steve Barry (remember the closet Colette)

I'm grateful for batteries and jumper cables.

I'm thankful for toilet paper.

I'm grateful for my favorite pair of shoes-comfy rocket dogs

I'm thankful when other people get hiccups and not me.

Calculators are always good, as well as space heaters and whiteout.


I really could go on forever, but you get the idea...I'm pretty dang grateful for just about anything and everything.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Sully, I am so grateful that you posted this blog and reminded me of our game. And about the Harry's. That brightened my day . . . thus, I am grateful for you!