Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday Theme Music

This is the first installment of Thursday theme music. The inspiration for such trivial postages came from songs that randomly left their musical footprint throughout the day. Sometimes these songs spring from mere phrases said during the day, but more often then not the songs creep from some dark corner of the mind and surface in some indiscriminate way. I think I really picked up this habit (bad or otherwise) while living with my friend Colette who, for any of those who know her, frequetly breaks out into song, real or not. I have taken that talent with me to my place of business and my co-worker Jill has followed suite. The following songs are what have made it out to the open today.

Straight up- Paula Abdul
Memories- Cats (musical)
These Boots Were Made for Walking-Nancy Sinatra (this songs ranks as one of my all-time least favorite...lame...not a fan!)
The Good, the Bad, the Ugly theme- Ennio Moriccone (one of amazing abilities of the interent is it alllows us to look up muscians who would otherwise go unnoticed)
Respect- Aretha Franklin
Hooked on a Feeling- B.J Thomas (also performed by David Hasslehoff who is apparently pretty big in Germany)

This is only half a day's summary and I will spare you the details of the playlist from the rest of the week

1 comment:

Colette said...

I have never been more proud! You have truly made my day, nay - my week with the knowledge that you have carried on my singing torch to places beyond my home.