Tuesday, March 26, 2013

.new week.

I sometimes feel like we are so busy, but when I sit down and try and think what is keeping us so busy I come up with nothing.  How can it be that nothing is keeping us so busy?  Well whatever the answer, we have been keeping busy.  Last week, as far as operation loose baby weight went, I worked out everyday even with a cold.  I really struggled with eating well again.  I think potty training week really derailed my good eating habits.  I usually keep most treats out of the house in general so I'm not tempted, but we've had a healthy dose of potty treats in the house from cookies, to fruit snacks, and I've indulged in a few too many.  On top of the little goodies, Roy brought home ice cream to make ice cream Sundays for our stay-at-home-date.  Ice cream is my weakness...I love it more then most any other sweet.  Needless to say I nearly broke even with all of my hard work, but still managed to loose a pound, but this week I'm focusing on eating well, and drinking a lot more water.

Finn is doing really well with going to the potty, and will tell us when he has to go.  We've even had a few times where he trys to go by himself which means accidents, but the fact that he's trying to go is fabulous.    The few accidents we have had is because I can't understand what he's saying in time (the words plane and potty sound very similar).  It's still a work in progress, but he's is getting better and it's nice to see progress.
sleeping in his big boy pants
Meg is just as cute and sweet as can be.  She's handled her feedings, and snuggle time abruptly ending while we rush Finn to the bathroom very well.  She is all smiles and coos lately, which just melts everyone's heart.  I can't believe she's almost 3 months!
sleeping on auntie J
Here are just a few more pics of our st. Patty's day party that we had with my family.  We had a good time enjoying the beautiful weather with cousins.
Meg and her Grandpa

Roy and Finn swinging

Finn learned how to climb the ladder to the slide...a little unconventional in his method, but effective

Finn insisted that daddy "sit" and ride the bike with him

These two cousins almost look like brothers
 With all the snow on Saturday, we decided to head indoors at the aquarium.  Finn LOVED the penguins, and the otters, and we couldn't pull him away from climbing around all the aquarium tunnels.  He wore us out running through all the crowds of people.
 This week will keep us busy keeping up with healthy habits, running to the bathroom, nursing, and implementing a 21 days of organizational spring cleaning.  Yay, bring on the week of busy-ness!

1 comment:

Kay said...

It is so sweet how Roy plays with Finn. So proud of you for the beautiful mother you are! xoxo