Friday, March 15, 2013

.it's friday, but it feels like something much worse.

*warning this is not a happy post*

It's been a long week...a really long week! I decided that this week was as good as any to potty train.  It has been incredibly intimidating to me.  And, even though Finn understands the concept fairly well, the process has been very frustrating.  We opted for the cold turkey no training pants 3 day boot camp approach.  Of course those three days fell during the nicest weather we've had in months.  So instead of being outside and enjoying the warm sunshine, we've been holed up inside wiping up accidents, changing sheets, and doing lots of laundry.  To add insult to injury, Finn got sick the first night and kept us up all night not feeling well and wetting the bed.  Meg has since picked up Finn's cold and has been a sad sight with her poor runny nose and stuffy congestion.
After our really good day yesterday of only one accident, and getting out for a walk (and a run for me), I was hoping we would be heading out on a good note.  Well, I was up most of night with sick Meg, Finn's already had 2 accidents (one of which was on the couch), and more wiped noses then I can handle...I'm ready to hang up the towel.  In Finn's defense, I think he had both accidents because I haven't had the energy to keep reminding him to tell me if he has to go...I feel like a zombie.  I'm very much looking forward to nap time today!

to sum up:  potty training=exhausting, gross, & intimidating
                   sick children=exhausting, gross, & worrying
                   this week=long!!!

                                                       

I made him go on the potty before I let him play his favorite game of late...hide and go seek on the bed.

Meg giving me "the eyebrow"  such a daddy trait.

Poor snotty child...it's a cold cruel world.

About the only thing nice about today... Meg's jeggings.

This is what a tired momma who's potty training and taking care of sick children looks like...ugghhh, not a pretty sight.

1 comment:

ANG said...

I am so proud of you Beth! Keep it up...it will all pay off before you know it!