Monday, March 11, 2013

.monday morning.

oi, why does loosing an hour for daylight savings time always feel like you lost something closer to 12 hours?  Yesterday, I'm afraid to admit, I was an ornery mess.  I was snippy and short and pretty much a monster of a person to be around.  This morning, I was still resenting the fact that I had lost more sleep and that Meg was once again "whining" for food (I know...awesome mom right?).  I apologized to Roy for being an all around jerk, and decided I needed to change my attitude quick, or everyone, including me, would be absolutely miserable.  Luckily, this greeted me today, making me feel like all my work hasn't been in vain...

Two pounds down...thank the heavens!  That's even after enjoying a wonderful birthday breakfast with all my sisters, a cafe rio tostada with Angie, and some chocolate mousse last night for dessert.  Finn also enjoyed that mousse.  It became an art medium in which he indulged himself in some finger painting.

Doesn't that look like fun?  These are the times when I know it's going to take a great deal to clean it up, but that I just need to let the boy have some fun, and enjoy the simple things like finger painting with pudding.
Other things that occupied our week was taking Meg in for her 2 month appointment.  Poor little one got six shots, and broke my heart.  She slept most of the day afterwards.

And spurred on for his desire for fresh garden peas, Roy has been diligently clearing out a forgotten corner of the condos into a garden plot.  I didn't get a before picture, but just know that it took two loads to the dump to make it look this good.


This week will see us hopefully potty training Finn, losing some more weight or inches, and possibly planting some peas!

2 comments:

ANG said...

Wow! Go Hoffmans!

Kay said...

That Finn and his messes. :) Excited for the garden plot and good luck with the potty training. Whew! LOTS of "Happenings".