Friday, July 2, 2010

.can I just say.

We are not condo people! Unfortunately, this is all in hindsight, and for the time being we are stuck where we are. Yes there are benefits to condo living if you're too busy or too old to care much about taking care of a yard and all the other nonsense that comes with owning your own property, but that is not us. I don't like being told what I can and can't do with my little space, when to put up my holiday decorations, or when to take them down. I don't like that I don't have a yard for a dog or any animal for that matter. Have I ever told you I want a dog? Well I do, badly, but that is not going to happen when we don't have a place for him. And to top it all off Roy is on the HOA board, and lets just say that for all the service he puts in, there is no gratitude...just a bunch of cranky ornery people who want him to fix all their problems yesterday. Roy has about had it, and that is not like him...he loves to be of service, so it bothers me that he is getting frustrated with helping people that don't care anything about anything unless it involves them. Mostly, I'm just ready to have a place of our own, with our own yard, where we fix our own problems and not everyone else's.

There I said it!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

i hear you. i actually never thought i'd want my own yard. and now, i do. not a big one, but a little one at least. and was very frustrated this spring when we couldn't sell our condo and get into a house.

i will just have to enjoy your dog when you get it, cause garrett tells me all of the time we're not dog people.

ANG said...

You go girl. ha ha ha.
It'll happen sooner than you think. Until then - feel free to come over and chill... and fix broken things at our house (after Roy fixes all the condo people's). I'll even let you tell me when to put up my holiday decorations. :)

Courtney said...

I completely agree Beth. Darin and I want a house so bad, but the hunt is not going so well. And every time we make an offer, nobody wants us to buy. Everyone keeps telling us to just give up and buy a condo or town house and we are like, "No, we don't want a glorified apartment where we can make no decisions for ourselves." So we aren't giving up on owning a home some day. Good luck!