Thursday, July 29, 2010

.the waning summer.

Holy crap! Where has the summer gone? I can't believe we are heading into the last few days of July already. It seems like I haven't even really gotten to take advantage of the long days and holidays this summer. We have been so busy with this and that, and haven't really taken anytime for ourselves that I feel like I'm missing the whole thing. What I wanted to do most this summer was go camping. And yes I guess you might say I have accomplished that with girls camp, but I'm talking about my own camping trip with just Roy and I roughing it. I'm hoping that we might make it out for at least a quick overnight camp trip for our anniversary, but seeing how the weekend is shaping up, I have a sinking feeling it's not going to happen. I wish we could be irresponsible, even just for a few days, but we will see. What I have loved though are these past few days of summer thunderstorms. Seriously, there are few things better in this world than summer rains. Not only does it cool the sweltering heat, but it makes everything smell and feel refreshed, and as a bonus it puts me in the mindset of autumn! It's a trifecta of goodness that is hard to beat! On top of those thunderstorm beauties, we finally got a 2 drawer filing cabinet! I know this seems like such an odd thing to get enjoyment out of, but seriously it makes me feel so much more organized, and has helped my ever wondering memory immensely. So yeah, you know I'm stoked about that filing cabinet!

No comments: