Wednesday, July 21, 2010

.camping and all that.

I finally got my first chance to go camping this year...girls camp and all that that entails. It was three full days of hiking, zip lining, and all manner or nature enjoyment.
I spent some quality time looking up through the trees from our camp hammock...I know right...really hard camping.

Our second morning we got up at the butt crack of dawn for a sunrise hike and devotional, and as much as I prefer to sleep, you can't say that a view like that doesn't make it worth it!

We had a HUGE crew this year. With 23 girls in total (11 of those being 1st year beehives), it could have been a crazy, but amazingly enough it all went off without a hitch!

I was in charge or our ward game night on Thursday, and by dinner time all of us looked like we could go to sleep right then. Seriously, I was ready to call it a day. We were just going to leave it up to the girls if they wanted to play any of the games that I had planned, or if they just wanted to head to bed. But wouldn't you know that if you bring a couple of ginormous sweats and some pillows everyone would be in line for a little sumo wrestling.

Such a simple idea, but the girls loved it and it was hilarious to watch!

No comments: