Thursday, July 22, 2010

.the wait is over.

At least for us...
after three years of marriage (well nearly, and close enough that I'm counting it), the Hoffman's are expanding their brood, or starting it however you look at it. We are non-the-less stoked, if not a bit paranoid after a miscarriage in March. So there it is...

13 weeks and growing (you don't get a face shot because I'm currently growing a mullet). We should be seeing this kid sometime around January 28th.

When I found out the second go around I couldn't sleep, I guess that's what I get for taking the test right before bed. But after you loose something like that it really hits home at how much you wanted it in the first place. It's been great having that desire push me through all the worries and fears of becoming a mom, because now I know what I really wanted to begin with.

I'm finally feeling less sick and the thought of food isn't as repulsive, and I'll be honest I haven't really even been that sick (No emergency trips to the bathroom or anything). So sorry to all you ladies that were super sick, especially during the whole thing. If I had to sum up these first three months it would be: starving all the time and not wanting to eat. I've been living on a diet of lots of fruit, toast, and a little bit of meat. The funny thing is all I've really wanted was just a plain deli sandwich, but since deli meat is off limits unless it's warmed up, that's been a no go. Oh well, blueberries have been keeping me going, and I'm looking forward to what the next 3 months will bring!

14 comments:

Kasi French said...

You are going to be one rad mom! Congrats!!

Hayley said...

eeeekkkkkk! i'm so excited for you guys! i've loved sharing this experience with you & am so glad we've gotten to be friends! you will both be fantastic parents!

ANG said...

The funny thing is your 3 month shots look like s lot of people's "after" weight loss pictures. haha ha ha. Seriously, you look great. We are WAY excited for little Hoffy.

Deb and AJ said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so happy for you and glad everything is going so well:)

Amy and Micheal said...

Aaaahhh! CONGRATS chica! I'm so excited for you guys!! What awesome parents you'll be! I've been doing it for almost 8 years and my kids are still alive.... so, you practically got this in the bag. Love ya! Can't wait for more updates.

PS - I thought I was the only one who unknowingly grew mullets. Welcome to the club.

Beth said...

Thanks everyone for your encourment and excitement for both of us, and Amy can I just say you are seriously hilarious! I can only dream of being as good of a mom as you! Hayley- its been a great going through this with you as well, thanks for all your support and love through it all!

Aubrey Dokos said...

YAAAAYYYY! I just couldn't be happier and I'm so glad to hear that all is going well for you so far. Our kids will only be about 4 apart in age. How fun is that? Good luck with everything and keep me posted!

Kim said...

Yay Beth! I can't wait to watch you grow and get all fat with baby--there's not a better kind of fatness! :) We're so excited for you!

Colette said...

I agree with Ang. You look great! And I am stoked about this. I better start looking for plain tickets so that I can see baby hoff in six months or so!

sarah h. said...

Super happy for you!!!

Courtney said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!!!

Elena Lunt said...

Beth and Roy, we are SOOOOOOO happy for you guys. I agree with Ang about the pictures. Ha ha.

Leons said...

Yah bethy! I'm so excited for the both of you. I'm glad you weren't really sick. Just wait, more joy is on the way. I hope you'll continue to post things about your experience through your pregnancy. You don't even have a belly so don't wish for it quite yet!! Congratulations! :)

judi said...

So exciting Beth! I am glad you weren't too sick, I had that with three kids - looking at the sick pregnant ladies like they were lying - then I ate my words with this pregnancy and got completely sick! So, live it up, the second trimester is awesome and you are going to be a great mom! Can't wait to meet this baby - are you going to find out what it is??