Friday, February 22, 2013

.so far.

Friday has welcomed us with yet another wintry storm, filling my window views with beautiful fluffy snow.  As much as I love the stuff, I'm ready for warmer weather and flowers again...especially after the couple of relatively warm and clear days we had this week.  
Finn is fully recovered from his stomach bug, and has been keeping me on my toes more then usual this week.  At his 2 year check up the Dr. asked about safety proofing our house.  I told her we had, but we are about to instigate the next stage of the process as Finn is able to reach into almost every drawer, and anything he can't manage to reach he will find a way to do so.  For example; I made bran muffins for breakfast, which Finn devoured.  For his own health, I told him he couldn't have more then two (because nobody needs more then two bran muffins...no matter how good they taste).  Of course he protested his allotment, and decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Thanks to my four wheeler,  I can just help myself to a few more of these delicious muffins"
He's a problem solver in the most devious ways!

Eventually he moved onto more important things.  Like showing and telling sister all about his car.

She obviously could care less about how the wheels work and the like.
Little miss decided she would take a turn this week with the stomach bug, and it's stuck around far too long for my liking.  She is still eating and giving me wet diapers so I haven't been too concerned, but I would feel a whole lot less anxious if she would stop spitting up.  She's still so little, and everything feels like a threat to this mamma!
I would says it's a good thing she has all those fat reserves to get her through this sickness.  Despite being sick, she is smiling all the time now (even though I haven't captured it yet), and it is absolutely the sweetest thing.  I forgot so much about babies, least of all, how wonderful it is when they start to react to your presence!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Yes, that's the magic when they start to show love back! Cute Meg :)