Monday, February 4, 2013

.all the goodness one post can bring.






ahh sweet relief as nap time has rolled around again.  A little time for me to play catch up.  This past week was a crazy mix of family happenings around here.  Honestly, we didn't plan it that way, it just sort of happened.   On Thursday my dad entered the ranks of retirees.  I can't believe my father is old enough to be such a thing.  It's strange that something that is not happening to me directly, can feel so life changing.  It just confirms to me that time is marching on at too fast a rate for my liking.
All of my siblings gathered en mass to send him off proper as he left his last day of work.  The grand kids released balloons (or loons as Finn calls them) as a farewell tribute, and of course we all gathered in celebration for dinner.


























On Saturday, our nephew Lucas was baptized.  Lucas is such a fun kid, and I especially love how he plays so nicely with Finn.  I think I will have to steal him for a few afternoons so that Finn can have a change of playmates, for I fear he must be getting bored of me.

Finally the week ended with Meg's blessing.  We were fortunate that all the family still showed up, what with all the time we had been together the last three days.  I always plan to get pictures with everyone, but it seems that in all the bustle I always forget.  SO, instead I just took a few dozen pictures of little miss.

I'm not a seamstress by any means, but I did sew up her dress.  Thank heavens she still fit in it.  I was worried with how much she's packing on.
and mostly I just love her face she's pulling in this picture.
Little miss cooperated nicely during the blessing that Roy gave, and didn't make a peep.  Finn on the other hand was working his best 2 year old magic, and creating havoc while I tried to keep him relatively still and quiet...not going to happen.  I've determined he needs A LOT more one on one attention, as this past week has been epic in tantrums, and whineyness.  Despite what I've said about that little man of ours, he really is a sweet boy who is inquisitive, and smart.  He is saying so much more that I can understand now, and is starting to put words together (much to my relief), making for much easier understanding in what he is trying to communicate.  He loves on his sister a lot, and is learning to be softer in his approach.
I didn't notice until after, but yes he is pouring out the protein mix as I was taking the picture. 

he still loves lining things up...silly boy...I sure do love him!
After such a busy week, we are looking forward to a little more routine, and maybe even getting out to the library or the like this week.  Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a beautiful blessing dress! Finn is such a cutie too.