Wednesday, September 26, 2012

.it takes work.

Last night I had a dream that I was running really hard to keep up with my friends Jude and Jess (who also happen to be sister track stars).  I can't even remember the entirety of the dream, except that I was physically working so hard.  I woke recalling all the hard workouts, time, & energy it took to be where I was physically before I was pregnant, and I felt overwhelmed.  While reading a friend' s blog the other day, she was relating here own year of weight loss and how hard she has had to fight.  I have nothing but respect and admiration for her, because I know it is not easy!  I laugh sometimes at the things people say to do like...park you car farther away in the parking lot, go for walks, do 25 sit ups a night, or just take the stairs.  Don't get me wrong, these are all great things to do and should be doing, but you're kidding yourself if you think you're going to loose any kind of weight with just these simple habits.  It takes time, discipline, pain, tears, and a lot of patience.
I guess what I'm saying in all of this is that, emotionally there are days when I think about all the work that lies ahead of me after little girl is here, and I want to cry a little because....it's a fight!  I look forward to the fact that I'm already ahead of where I was when I was pregnant with Finn, and that will hopefully make it just a bit easier, but it's still going to take time.  This isn't meant to be a downer about being pregnant with my wonderful baby girl...in fact I feel truly blessed to be pregnant and know that what I'm doing has an even greater purpose then being fit and healthy.  However, I feel completely normal in saying, there are days when I mourn the loss of my pre-pregnancy body.  So what does one do to get through some of the dark days of pregnancy?  You try to make yourself a little less frumpy with something you do have control over.  In my case, get a hair cut.

Ignore the crazy eyes


1 comment:

Kay said...

No "man" knows what we suffer through, I tell ya. Stay positive :)
Love the new hair cut :D