Monday, October 1, 2012

.life goes on.

I was so excited that today was the first day of October.  We went up to the Zoo this past weekend and had a good time with our cousins, Lucas and Emory.  After the zoo we drove over to Millcreek for a picnic lunch a view of some of the fall color.  The kids gathered hundreds of leaves...some pale pink, and golden yellow, while others were crispy brown or lip stick red.
With our little outing, I had great plans to deck the house in all things fall and get myself in the autumn state of mind today.  I put a cider scent block in the scentsy and cleaned in preparation.  But the day has worn on, and after a VERY long trip to the grocery store with a whiny toddler, and with the weather in the high 80's today, my energy and motivation have been sapped.  So instead of decorating for fall, I put Finn in the high chair with his crayons so I could sit with my ice water and blog.

Speaking of that Finn of mine...
We had an unusual occurrence this past week with our netflix.  Roy was on Thursday adding some movies and adjusting the order of the queue.  We thought we knew what we were opening up when the red envelope came in the mail on Saturday, but upon opening the pouch, we discovered a surprise..."Big Trains, Little Trains".  Since Roy and I both had not placed that DVD in our queue, our only assumption is that Finn must have managed some trickery with the blue ray while we weren't looking.  It turned out to be a movie that he most emphatically enjoyed!

I had an appointment with my mid-wife this past week and baby M is sounding stellar and moves for all to see.  Two things noted at the appointment is that she is in a breech position (which I see no point in telling me except to make me worry), and that I have excellent abdominal tone.  I don't know quite what that means, but being pregnant with what I assumed as zero made me happy.

No matter her position, baby M is definitely not staying quiet.  I have discovered that if I drink any amount of caffeine before bed, she will indeed keep me up most of the night.  I've also had a few bouts of heart burn, but I haven't figured out what food seems to be the trigger yet.

Roy seems beyond busy these days with work, callings, and skating.  When he is home though, he and Finn our inseparable.  He stayed with Finn while I went to women's conference this weekend, and I came home to discover the house in total disarray and told that the men had eaten meatballs and popcorn with orange juice for dinner.  Not exactly what I had in mind when I planned dinner, but it doesn't happen all that often so I let it slide with only a few words of exasperation.  As for the house, well of course daddy had to make every room a fun zone.  Oh well, the house is now cleaned, and I know that those boys of mine had a rumpus good time.  Next time though, I think I'll be a bit more specific about my expectations for dinner and messes.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That's one fine looking belly. I'm pretty jealous! Glad Baby is doing so well. I'm breech too so far if that's a consolation...