Monday, September 10, 2012

.goodbyes.

I'm just getting around to this, perhaps because I'm still emotional about the whole thing, but life is not all new babies and good times around here as of late.

Last Thursday our little Honda (Fran) too the brunt of a wreck.  As Roy called saying, "happy birthday to me, I got in a wreck".  Fran was no match for the beast of a Ford Taurus, and crumpled!  She did her job and protected Roy who, besides some minor whiplash, escaped unscathed.  When I saw the damage I nearly cried, because I knew in my heart it was a total loss.  My first car Fran, who had just driven past her 100,000 mile mark, and had provided me with reliable transportation for the past 7 years, had suddenly met her maker...the Ford Taurus.

I know it's silly and ridiculous to morn the loss of a car (Roy will agree with you), but I still do.  Just like a person, there are memories linked to her that can't be replaced.  So with frustration and sadness, I start the task of finding a car to replace one that would have served us faithfully for another 10 years.  So long old friend!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sad. :( I'm glad you guys are not hurt though.

Colette said...

Don't worry Beth - I am with you on this. I get a little emotional just thinking about saying goodbye to Nigel. But it is good to know that with a new car comes the excitement of "new".