Tuesday, September 18, 2012

.gus.

I'm happy to report that the car searching has come to an end, for we have welcomed the newest member of our little fam.  As I mentioned in the last post on Saturday... it felt like the universe was conspiring against us, what with how demoralizing it was to try and find a car, and then having the money and ID fiasco at the bank.  To add to that, we heard that the vehicle we had been interested in buying had broken down.  Roy proposed that instead of spending the whole check on the car, we should find something a little cheaper and that way have some money to put towards licensing and registering, and then save the rest.  I must admit I broke down a little in my frustration getting angry at Roy for wanting us to drive a piece of crap car (not one of my shining moments).  I looked at ksl for what seemed like the millionth time in the last week, and found a Honda in South Jordan.  I thought, "at least we can go look because it's so close".  I won't go into the entire story, but the guy selling it turned out to be so great (you never know who you might meet when you buy from a private seller), and I felt like he was very honest and upfront about the whole thing.  We ended up buying the car, and I have felt so much better since.  I don't know if I finally came to the conclusion that buying a car is always a risk, and that we will have to take the chance no matter what we buy.  Or that I felt like I could stand driving this car vs. the one we had thought about.  But ultimately, I feel like we found something that we work for us, and we were also able to save some of the money...and that feels nice!

Our new 2001 Honda Passport...GUS

Finn enjoyed getting to know the lay of the car

1 comment:

ANG said...

The Lord works in mysterious ways... :)
Just when you thought it couldn't get worse, the blessings come in unexpected ways. I love Gus.