Wednesday, June 8, 2011

.growing small.

 Does anyone love those hands as much as I do?

We never expected to have a huge baby...I mean look at us.   And true to our expectations, our little potato Finn is a wee little one.  At his 4 month check up he weighed in at 13.6 lbs and 24in tall.  His weight is in the 5th percentile and his height is in the 12th.   All of this of course is in the normal range for his little frame...the dr. just says he's not going to be a big guy, and we are ok with that.  He had his first trial of rice cereal this morning.  As expected he did nothing but regurgitate most of it, but it was good for him to test out the spoon and mouth it a little.  He has finally figured out sleeping too.  I finally dug in and sleep trained him, and after many long days of crying Finn is a better sleeper.  I don't swaddle him anymore, he usually rolls to his right side and promptly sticks all four fingers in his mouth and starts slurping away.  He can still have his times when he refuses to sleep, but he is getting sooo much better.  Other things Finn loves right now is riding in the stroller.  Roy will take him out for a run when he gets home from work, and he goes with me in the morning.  Sometimes he talks to himself, but most of all he just sits quietly taking in all the sights of the wold. I love that little man of mine...I don't even remember my life without him anymore.
Just before bath time Finn was exploring dad's face...I think he liked the texture of Roy's scruff.  I especially love how his legs are curled up and pressed against Roy's chest!

1 comment:

Hayley said...

i love those hands, but probably not as much as his momma does :)

i love his legs on roy, too. i don't think i was ever that comfortable being so bendy.

i'm glad he's getting the hang of sleeping. sleep training is kinda tough... for baby and mom, if you ask me.