Wednesday, June 15, 2011

.backpacking.

Roy is ready to head out on his camping trip for the week.
This is a backpacking trip right? 
He might as well have packed himself a luxury hotel suite.  But no amount of mocking could persuade Roy to pack a smaller mat...it had to be the "holy" mats my mom made for us.  Well no matter how silly he looks, he will be sleeping good...and to Roy, that is all that matters.
Seriously though, I'm going to miss that kid.  Last night as Roy was twitching off to sleep, I thought about how empty the bed is going to feel.  And then I thought about how much I love watching Finn light up when dad suddenly comes into view everyday after work and how much I'm going to miss seeing that.  4 days without you Roy...I'm a wuss, but I'm going to be very lonely for these next few days.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

have fun, roy & be safe!

beth - you and finn are welcome over here any ol' time!

Kay said...

he'll be hurtin' for cert'in after hiking with that thing on his back. HAhahaha. Nice pics.

Courtney said...

Beth, I don't blame you. I have only spent 1 night away from Darin since we got married and I totally bawled like a baby. I hope you aren't too lonely!